What are Micro-Internships?
Micro-Internships are short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns. These projects allow you to demonstrate skills, explore career paths, and build your network as you seek the right full-time role. Unlike traditional internships, Micro-Internships:
- Can take place year-round,
- Typically range from 10 to 40 hours of work,
- Are due between one week and one month after kick-off.
Micro-Internships are used by organizations ranging from those in the Fortune 100 to emerging start-ups in Kansas City and across the U.S. HireKC Micro-Internships are facilitated via the Parker Dewey platform, which connects Students/Recent Grads with Organizations in need of support.
When you are launching your career, Micro-Internships provide a tremendous opportunity. You can explore different career paths and work on interesting projects all while building your resume and GET PAID!
- Create an Account on Parker Dewey via the link above.
- Complete your profile.
- Apply to projects that interest you.
On the Job
Selected for a Micro-Internship? Congratulations! After you receive the notification via email, you should:
- Email your project supervisor to set up a time to connect real-time to discuss the project.
- Sign up for Parker Dewey's payroll system (Gigwage). The link is provided in your congratulations email.
- Use your resources (knowledge from class and other experiences, mentors, faculty, etc.) to complete the project to the best of your ability.
- Complete the project by the deadlines that you and your project supervisor identify.
If you have questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
After Your Micro-Internship
When you complete your Micro-Internship, you will receive a checklist of things to do such as:
- Complete a brief survey about your experience.
- Review the feedback you receive from your supervisor.
- Update your resume/LinkedIn profile.
- Stay in touch with your Micro-Internship Supervisor.
- Apply to another Micro-Internship! New opportunities are posted daily.